Self-isolating? Here’s family & animal welfare-friendly activities to help get you through
You can find answers to your questions on COVID-19 and companion animals in the RSPCA Knowledgebase.
Our team has some ideas for you:
SHOW ME THE ANIMALS
- Cute pets alert! Who doesn’t like scrolling through the pages of Adoptapet to look at cute dogs and cats (and other animals as well!)? If you are thinking of adopting a pet or know someone who is, it’s time to show them some love and clicks.
- RSPCA Australia Humane Food Podcast. Season 2 is well underway. Now would be a great time to catch up on everything: farm animal welfare, farming, and food in Australia.
- View some RSPCA Approved Farms. Watch these videos to get a feel for RSPCA-approved farms.
- Subscribe to The Biscuit – the RSPCA’s quarterly print publication for animal lovers. It’s beautifully designed and photographs full of information on our native wildlife, animal news, and rescue stories. This is a great family read and is now available as a digital subscription.
- Keep up with the latest in science. Do you want to be a scientist who studies animal welfare? Download the newsletter to find out what’s new.
- Stay up-to-date. RSPCA Australia’s media center has all of the most recent national animal welfare stories. This page will be updated regularly. Bookmark it.
- Please read all about it. You can find lots of news about farm animals at the RSPCA-approved site. Visit the blog to find out what’s happening in the world, RSPCA approved.
Home-schooling made fun
- Build your hen pire. Clucky Chooks is now available on Apple and Google Play. It’s time to don your farmer hat and take care of some cheeky chickens!
- Download our interactive card game if you don’t want to play Cheeky Chooks online. You can create a fun home lesson by following the activity.
- This chatterbox will teach you about hens, eggs, and their care. A ready-to-print activity for kids to start conversations about layer hen welfare.
- Have you ever had a question about animal welfare pop into your mind? Now is the perfect time to explore the RSPCA knowledge base. Australia’s trusted source for animal welfare advice, science, and information.
Eating Better Now and Into the Future
- Have you been out to the supermarket and stocked up on food? You may have noticed that some products contain eggs, but you don’t know where they come from. Check out our Cage Free & Proud Campaign to discover which brands use cage-free eggs. Nominate your favorite brand if you don’t find it listed.
- Plan to eat out later. Supporting Australian businesses that are probably struggling with people eating at home is important. When you eat out again, once these disruptions are over, choose a restaurant or cafe that serves cage-free eggs. Search the Choose Wisely directory for the nearest restaurant that offers humane food.